Dòchas' highly acclaimed debut album
"This is the debut of the all-women band who represent the huge resurgence of young music-making in the Highlands and Islands. Pipes, harp, fiddle, accordion, piano, whistles, guitar - even tasteful oboe - are expertly played, but best of all is the powerful Gaelic singing of Julie Fowlis, whether on the opening ‘Chuir iad mise dh’eilean leam fhin’, or in the ballad ’Am bron binn’." Norman Chalmers
Hailing from all parts of Scotland, this award winning and dynamic band are heralded as one of the country's finest exports. Having delighted audiences from Achiltibuie to Austria, Copenhagen to Calgary and Vienna to Vancouver, Dòchas are fast becoming one of the most popular bands on the Festival circuit.
A well worn phrase, but Dòchas really amounts to much more than the sum of its parts. And this becomes all the more impressive when you consider the parts themselves - award winning individuals, and sought after session musicians. With two critically acclaimed albums under their belt, Dòchas have matured into a band who promise dynamic, virtuosic and varied live shows, with both "heart-melting vocals" and "barn-stomping tunes".
Featuring the many talents of Kathleen Boyle, Julie Fowlis, Carol-Anne Mackay, Eilidh Macleod, Martin O'Neill and Jenna Reid.
Ceòl aig fìor àrd ìre
- Chuir iad mise dh’eilean leam fhìn[3.22]
- Tobin's Favourite, Danny Anthony's, James Byrne's[3.01]
- The Pashmina and the Cromag, Back of the Changehouse, The Famous Ballymote, Quinie fae Rhynie[4.00]
- Gura mise tha fo mhulad, Braes of Meilinish[3.47]
- Neilidh O'Boyle's Highland, Duloman na Binnt Bui, Sean 'sa cheò[3.30]
- Tha biodag aig MacThomais, Siod an dur a thogadh fonn, Faca sibh Màiri Nighean Alasdair[3.16]
- Miss Elizabeth Garland[3.57]
- Robbie Paterson's, The Marquis of Huntly, Jenna Reid of Quarff[3.25]
- Eilean Uibhist mo rùin[3.02]
- Fingal's Weeping, Inspector Donald Campbell of Ness, Nighean aig a Chòta Bhuidhe[4.47]
- Ray's Classic, Bayydesmond 1, Ballydesmond 2[3.36]
- The Long Night, Tar the House, Na goisidich[3.45]
- Am Bròn Binn[3.41]